Berry Jello Mousse – Fresh strawberries and raspberries wrapped in jello sit down atop a heavenly yogurt mousse.
Berry Jello Mousse
5 ounces strawberries
1/2 tablespoon powdered gelatin (soaked in 1 1/2 tablespoons of water and placed in the microwave for a few seconds to dissolve)
1/2 tablespoon powdered gelatin (soaked in 1 1/2 tablespoons of water)
2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 cup yogurt
1/2 cup heavy cream
3 1/2 ounces strawberries
Mint, to garnish
2 ounces raspberries
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3/4 cup water
- Add the fresh berries to a ring-shaped mold.
- In a saucepan over low heat, add all the strawberry jello ingredients except gelatin. Simmer for about 15 minutes. Strain the mixture in a colander to separate the strawberries from the syrup. Add the gelatin to the syrup, stirring to mix until dissolved.
- Let the mixture cool, then pour it into the mold. Chill in refrigerator until set.
- In a medium bowl, add the yogurt, sugar, strawberries and lemon juice. Mix well. Add the dissolved gelatin and stir until dissolved. Slowly add the heavy cream, stirring after each addition.
- Pour into the mold, smoothing out with a spatula. Chill in the refrigerator until set. Garnish with mint before serving