For date night time, Cajun Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo – is a super meal. The wealthy cream sauce and highly spiced hen makes eating a eating place exceptional meal a truth.
Cajun Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
1 1/2 C. heavy cream (or half-and-half)
1 tsp. kosher salt (or more, to taste)
1 Tbs. olive oil (or more if needed)
4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lbs.)
1 1/2 C. good quality, freshly grated Italian cheeses (I like a blend of Asiago, Parmesan, and Fontina.)
1 1/2 Tbs. Cajun blackening spice (like Paul Prudhomme’s brand)
1 C. (1/2 pint) grape tomatoes, halved
Chopped parsley, for garnish
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper (or more, to taste)
Pinch of ground nutmeg, for garnish
2 Tbs. butter, divided
1/4 C. dry white wine (or chicken broth)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound fettuccine, cooked
3 oz. herbed goat cheese, crumbled
- For Sauce
- If the skillet looks dry, add a bit more olive oil. Reheat the skillet over medium heat.
- Pour the dry white wine (or chicken broth) into the skillet to deglaze the pan and whisk all of the delicious brown bits off the bottom of the pan. (1-2 minutes)
- Add the garlic and tomatoes to the pan and sauté to soften and lightly caramelize, stirring occasionally. (1-2 minutes)
- Reduce heat to medium-low and pour the heavy cream to the pan with the tomato mixture, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Add the salt, pepper, and the remaining tablespoon of butter. Continue to stir the cream mixture while it simmers for 3-4 minutes. The cream will reduce slightly.
- Remove from heat. Add the grated cheeses, and goat cheese to the cream sauce. Stir constantly until all the cheese has melted, and sauce is smooth. Taste sauce and adjust seasonings.
- Pour the fettuccine onto the sauce, and top with the sliced chicken. Toss the pasta and chicken into the sauce with tongs, until well combined. Turn tossed pasta into a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with a pinch of nutmeg, and a bit of chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately.
- For Chicken
- Rinse chicken breast in cool water, and pat dry. Pound each chicken breast flat with a flat meat mallet or rolling pin, between two sheets of plastic wrap. Set flattened breasts on a clean plate. Sprinkle a heavy amount of blackening spice on both sides of each chicken breast, pressing to adhere.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat 1 Tbs. of the butter, and the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, until butter begins to brown. Place chicken in the pan, and sear on one side, until it is very brown, about 3 minutes. Flip chicken and sear the other side until very brown, about another 1 1/2 minutes. Work in batches so as not to crowd the pan.
- Place browned chicken onto a rimmed baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside. Remove chicken from the oven and thinly slice against the grain; set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions and begin cooking the sauce.