Easy Fish Tacos – I like to dab the fish dry and rub it with a easy selfmade spice aggregate. You also can use your favorit pre-made seasoning or cajun seasoning however mixing your own spice blend takes just a few mins and you may control the salt and spice levels.
Easy Fish Tacos
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground
16 corn tortillas
4 tilapia fillets
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
lime, to taste
cilantro, to taste
- CABBAGE SLAW
1 cup sour cream (230 g)
¼ teaspoon salt
3 cups green cabbage (300 g), shredded
1 lime, juiced
½ cup red onion (75 g), diced
- In a large bowl, combine green cabbage, red onion, sour cream, lime juice, and salt. Chill until ready to serve.
- In a bowl, mix cayenne, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Season each tilapia fillet on both sides with the seasoning mix.
- Over medium-high heat, cook 2 fillets at a time for 8 minutes, flipping halfway. Repeat for the remaining fillets.
- Using a fork, break apart the fillets into bite-size pieces.
- Right before serving, heat the corn tortillas in the pan over high heat. Remove from the pan and assemble the tacos with the cabbage slaw and tilapia.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime juice.