Instant Pot Sour Cream Pork Chops – This is one of those recipes I regularly leap to when I forgot to defrost any meat, or in fact did not have time to make a actual meal plan. They will cook dinner straight from frozen, but I want to defrost them for 15 mins or so, without a doubt to cause them to thaw a little. That manner they however brown OK to feature more flavor to the sauce. My husband and children normally combat over who receives to mop up the leftover sauce within the instantaneous pot with some bread – it’s far that accurate!
Instant Pot Sour Cream Pork Chops are an smooth and delicious dinner recipe your complete own family will love. Takes minutes to prep and also you turn out to be with juicy beef chops smothered in a creamy sauce!
I’ll pop out and say it: I wasn’t THE largest fan of beef chops till I started out making them in my right away pot. SO GOOD!
They get exceptionally soft and don’t dry out in any respect, which makes them any such joy to eat.
And with this creamy sauce? You want to make these NOW.
Instant Pot Sour Cream Pork Chops
4 THICK CUT pork chops (do NOT use thin chops or they’ll dry out – America’s/New York cut is best; shoulder or sirloin haven’t turned out well for me)
1/3 cup sour cream
2 medium onions (cut into slim wedges)
1 teaspoon cornstarch
salt + pepper to taste
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup beef stock
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Brown onions and pork: Set instant pot to sauté. Add butter and cook onions until softened. Push to one side and add chops to brown. Season with salt and pepper as they cook.
- Add sauce: Switch off instant pot. Add beef stock and Worcestershire sauce, scraping the browned bits from the bottom of the instant pot.
- Pressure cook: Close instant pot and set valve to sealing. Choose “pressure cook” for 8 minutes. After cooking time is up, do a natural pressure release for 5 minutes, then manually release remaining pressure and open.
- Thicken: For a thicker sauce, remove chops form instant pot and cover to keep warm. Set instant pot to sauté and simmer sauce for a few minutes. If desired, add a slurry of cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water.
- Add cream: Switch off instant pot and let it cool down for a few seconds. Stir in sour cream. Serve sauce over chops.