Pull Apart Pizza Braid – This pizza bread recipe is a part calzone and component stromboli, however the distinction is that it’s an appetizer made for sharing. See why this recipe has been pinned extra than two hundred times on Pinterest and were given extra than 6 million perspectives and 60,000 likes on Facebook!While this recipe has Game Day written all over it, we’ve additionally served it for pizza night time, cocktails, kids birthday parties and lots of events in between! The first-rate elements? The drool-inducing aroma wafting out of the oven, and guests vying for role to get the great cheese pull!
Pull Apart Pizza Braid
This Pull Apart Pizza Braid is the perfect birthday party appetizer: delicious, best for dipping and with epic cheese pulls! This snack is prepared in approximately half-hour with simplest five components using refrigerated pizza dough. It’s a success with both adults and kids alike.
2 tbsp water
20 slices pepperoni, optional
1 cup marinara sauce, or pizza sauce
marinara sauce, optional for dipping
3 packages refrigerated pizza dough
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Set aside a large baking sheet.
- Place a large piece of parchment paper on a work surface.
- Open a can of refrigerated pizza dough and place onto parchment. Invert a 10-inch round cake pan or plate and press down lightly to make a circular outline.
- Remove pan/plate and spread half of the marinara sauce evenly within the circle. Add half of shredded mozzarella and optional pepperoni slices.
- Place another pizza dough on top and repeat the previous two steps.
- Cover with the third pizza dough. Put the cake pan/plate on top and use a sharp knife to cut away excess dough from the edges.
- Place a small 3-inch bowl upside down in the middle. Working from the bowl outward, cut the dough circle into 12 equal parts while leaving the center intact.
- Grasp adjacent petals and gently twist 360 degrees twice in opposite directions using your fingertips.
- Repeat the twisting for the remaining sections. Then carefully lift the parchment paper onto the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs with water. Brush the pizza star evenly with it.
- Bake in the middle of the preheated oven for 20 min or until brown and puffy.
- Serve with optional dipping sauce and enjoy!
- Keep in thoughts every refrigerated pizza dough has unique baking commands, so check the package and regulate the oven temperature or baking time as wanted.