Stuffed Bell Peppers – These crammed bell peppers are packed with a mixture of ground pork, tomato sauce and rice, then topped with cheese and baked to perfection. A traditional dish that’s consolation food at its greatest!
I like to put together stuffed veggies which includes filled zucchini, crammed cabbage and those fabulously delicious stuffed peppers. My family requests this recipe time and time once more, it’s simply that true.
Stuffed bell peppers had been well-known for decades for pinnacle reason – they’re absolutely delicious! My model capabilities a hearty pork and rice combination with plenty of melted cheese. Serve your filled peppers as-is, or add a side salad for a meal that your circle of relatives will make sure to like.
Prepare the bell peppers by way of using decreasing off the tops and getting rid of the seeds. Bake the empty peppers to soften them up in advance than you add the filling. The filling for those peppers is a mixture of floor red meat, tomato sauce, rice and cheese. After the peppers have softened, they’re full of the stuffing and a layer of cheese is going over the pinnacle. Bake your peppers till they’re truly smooth, then upload a sprinkling of parsley and serve.
Peppers want to be cooked earlier than they’re crammed to ensure they’re gentle. If you want a crispier pepper you may pass over the par-baking step.
Stuffed Bell Peppers
2 tablespoons parsley chopped
2 teaspoons garlic minced
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
6 bell peppers any color, or a combination of colors
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 pounds ground beef I use 90% lean
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded, divided use
1/2 cup onion finely chopped
15 ounce can tomato sauce
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 1/2 cups cooked white rice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large baking dish with cooking spray.
- Slice the tops off the peppers and remove the ribs and seeds inside.
- Place the peppers cut side down in the baking dish. Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the dish.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- While the peppers are cooking, prepare the filling. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the ground beef and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes, breaking up the meat with a spatula, until meat is cooked through.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the rice, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and drain off the water. Turn the peppers over and fill each one with the beef mixture.
- Top each pepper with the remaining cheese. Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned and peppers are tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley, then serve.